Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas on the Farm

Hey Y'all,

Weather's been beautiful here in the quaint little community of Cooks Creek. Warm with just enough snow. The other day when I got up and looked outside everything was covered in frost. It looked like an old Christmas card. it sure was pretty. Went out and got the Christmas Tree on Sunday. This will be the first year in about ten years that we're havin a real tree. We just finished decorating it and it looks great. Sure does smell good, too. I've always loved that real tree scent. With Christmas just around the corner, life couldn't be much better. The real great thing about this year is that we're havin a good, old-fashioned family Christmas. The whole family's comin for the big dinner. A great time to catch up with everybody. No big, expensive gifts. No worries about who got a bigger gift than who. And no stressin about havin the same priced gift for everyone. Nope, it'll be great. That's what Christmas should be about. Ya know? Why does it matter if so-n-so got a bigger gift or a more expensive gift than you did? Why can't Christmas be the way it used to be? When the only thing that mattered was that you had loved ones around you and that you were all healthy and happy because you had your family and friends with you. Now happiness is measured by the dollar. What happened to a time when kids would be happy to get a pair af mitts or a homemade pair of socks in thier stocking? Now kids aren't happy unless they've got the latest model of Play Station. Personally, I don't go to the malls a lot, but from the few times that I have entered the bustling stores, I can't help but think that Christmas is moving further and further from its true meaning and closer to a commercialized, money-making, scam. I always thought that Christmas was about giving and being with loved ones. Anyway, guess that's my little rant.


Merry Christmas to you and yours!


PS.

If anybody knows a good way to put weight back on a thin horse, would ya mind sharing your secrets? My mare, Lily, lost a lot of weight real quick and I need to find a way to get it back on her. I've already got her on a higher protein grain and beet pulp. If anyone could let me know if they have any other solutions to my problem that would be real great. Thanks a lot.

No comments: